The IONA® test is a non-invasive prenatal test for pregnant women which estimates the risk of a fetus having Down’s syndrome (T21), Edwards' syndrome (T18) and Patau’s Syndrome (T13). The IONA® test is an advanced screening test carried out on a small blood sample taken from the mother’s arm with no risk of miscarriage. Fetal sex determination is available optionally in regions where fetal sex determination is permitted. Please ask your healthcare professional for further information.
- Safe: non-invasive with no risk of miscarriage
- Fast: results available in 3-5 working days from sample receipt in the laboratory
- Accurate: Overall 99.8% detection of trisomy conditions (trisomy 21, 18 and 13)
- Local: the IONA® test is available in many laboratories worldwide to enable local processing with fast turn-around times
- Quality: the IONA® test is a regulated screening test which is CE marked
The IONA® test, like all other non-invasive prenatal tests (NIPT), is a screening test and high risk results should be confirmed by a follow-up invasive procedure such as amniocentesis.
The IONA® Test for pregnant women leaflet download here.