The Take2 Prophecy Test for NPC is the only early cancer screening test for NPC that is validated by a large-scale clinical trial on asymptomatic individuals. It utilises the latest developments in DNA technologies to detect NPC-associated cell free DNA in the bloodstream. When NPC is present, cancer cells shed viral and human DNA into the blood. Take2 analyses the circulating DNA in the blood plasma using a combination of quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies. The data is analysed using advanced computer algorithms.
Using the Take2 Prophecy test, NPC patients can be identified at an earlier stage, when there is a much greater likelihood of successful treatment.
- Invented by a world-class research team at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Clinically proven for detection of NPC in asymptomatic individuals
- High accuracy (>97% sensitivity5)
- Low false positive rate 0.7%5
- Non-invasive (just a blood sample is required)
5. Lam WKJ, Jiang P, Chan KCA, et al. Sequencing-based counting and size profiling of plasma Epstein-Barr virus DNA enhance population screening of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115(22):E5115-E5124. doi:10.1073/pnas. 1804184115